Dead Days
Waking up at five o clock with sloth and a wonderful cold meeting in my bones i call D and he is awake as well, so we take the bike to the bridge and i give shazaam man a call. He doesn't fail. Five minutes later, we're watching the birds. They're talking about something that i really don't want to hear so i turn around to be able to see the fish and the fisherfolk and the birds better. There are so many trees. I feel like i could never leave this place. I want to dive into the cold cold water and be tickled by the swimming fish. Instead, I steal a cigarette out of D's pocket and light it. He has bought Lights, but I can't help it- I haven't got my own. We're quitting. Slowly.
The sun is now like a large flaming crystal ball, but you don't understand what you see in it. The water under the bridge mimics the water of the sea, lapping at the sand in waves. Many fish suddenly change direction as one and jewels flash out of the water. One disappears down the white bird's throat.
A bike runs out of petrol on the way back and one of us leaves with the other bike to get fuel. D and I watch the fat, fat bees. One sits in the purple flower and topples over along with it. There are boys among the plants- they have tied a string to a bee that just continues to go about its work. I wonder if they will kill it later. I don't know what i could say to them to make them stop. It's getting warm now. The men take their boats out into the water that slaps wildly and does all it can to ensure their discomfort.
We buy idli and stop at another shop for some juice. I only wanted lemon but the boy at the counter shyly claims he has added pineapple to mine. How could he know I loved it like that?
: )
1 comment:
i like.
i like very much. :)
Post a Comment